- Establish a series of cohorts of cancer patients to capture their health related outcomes and experiences from beginning active treatment and regularly over their life-course.
- Maintain and develop the HORIZONS Programme as a national and international resource to explore consequences of different cancer diagnoses and treatments from the individual perspective across the life-course.
- Inform policy and practice based innovative solutions to minimise the health burden and maximise support available to them over their life-course.
- What impact does cancer and its treatment have on people diagnosed with cancer in the short, medium and long term?
- What are the health outcomes, experiences and self-management activities over the life-course across different cancer types and what influences these?
- How do people connect with and mobilise resources which enable them to self-manage consequences of cancer and its treatment?